Monday, August 16, 2010

Friends who truly care


The August 2010 theme of the Hero Arts blog was to create anything about:  "Back to school, keeping in touch or a stationary set".
I love this theme.  Mainly because i love sending cards or letters and just keeping in touch with my family, loved ones and  friends.  Last Aug. 13, i bought a couple of stamps from a new store, Craft Fancy.  I bought a HA "Friends background" stamp (G2991).  I was so excited to use it and also try to add distress ink on it.  As i always do, i added a quilled flower.  I placed the Friend stamp off center to give a little bit of dimension.  I added sentiments from HA clear stamps:  "Thinking of you" and "i hope you know..."

I am feeling quite lonely today.  I miss my family and friends in Manila.  I miss my life, being able to drive myself around town with my mom and dad, chatting with friends and people from the hospital where i work at; i miss my colleagues, my fellow doctors and clinic office buddies, Philippine food, etc.  My life in America for now is more than laid back - a little housework here and there and that's it.  I miss interacting with people besides my family.  Crafting and making cards make me happy here - though it is really costing me, my husband actually, quite a lot of money.  Heck...  it keeps me sane  ☺.

Take care, my friend and know that i truly care for you.
Thanks for reading.  Blessings!

1 comment:

Fomi Rage said...

nice nice tita doc..talented ka talaga..sana akon rin..i started a scrapbook for Yana but until now page 3 palang din ako at 4 months na sha..wala talaga akong creativity.hahaha

i miss you.