Monday, October 24, 2011

Twirling Paper once again [Paper Quilling Floral Arrangements]

Like many crafters, I have accumulated so much stuff over the years. I spent the past several days sorting through my boxes of hidden treasures and found my paper quilling materialas and tools.  Suddenly, I was back to twirling paper once again.

I was introduced to paper quilling in the Philippines several years ago.  Basically, it's just twirling paper through a needle or a slotted tool.  There are so many things and designs that you can make out of it:  flowers, leaves, animals, party stuff, etc.


I found my kit from Lake City Craft Co.:  Pretty Fringed Blossoms #215 designed by Jane Hui Cuan Wu and decided to make 2 of the arrangements.  The woven baskets are just pretty.


I love the colors and design of this second arrangement - it's so cheery!

I am thinking of designs that I can incorporate in our thanksgiving and Christmas cards. 
Have you tried paper quilling?  Give it a try and share it with me too.

Enjoy!
Happy crafting!

No comments: