Wednesday, October 3, 2012

[P3 Guild] W.I.P.

I'm so glad you're back!

When I started reading blogs and updates of other artists, I didn't know what "WIP" was.  Funny me but there are just a lot of craft or jewelry jargon  going around and I can't keep up sometimes.

So this is my current Work In Progress, WIP.
I am working on a mask.  Initially, I didn't know where to get one that could hold the weight of whatever I will adhere to it and it should withstand high oven temperature without melting or burning.  This was what I found at Michaels.  It's made out of paper mache or something like that.  I hope it doesn't burn.

I used Adirondak Metallic Acrylic Paint in Gold.  Oh, I love the rich texture!  I am thinking of a Princess going to a masquerade ball wearing a beautiful gown to meet Prince Charming.


Isn't it dramatic?

I decided to let it dry overnight and will start completing the design tomorrow. 

What do you think would be nice to decorate it with?  Beads, polymer clay, wire, flowers, fiber or maybe a little of each?

Come back soon and find out.
Enjoy the rest of the week!

Blessings,
♥  Michelle  ♥  

1 comment:

april grinaway said...

Oh, I can't wait to see what you do with this mask ~ It's going to be beautiful !