Monday, May 20, 2013

[Product Review] ZOKU Single Quick Pop Maker

Welcome back, friends!  How was your weekend?  Mine was great!  I was able to kick off my new fitness routine that I'll be sharing with you soon (once I get results), haha.  

I was also able to go on a mini-shopping spree for work-out clothes and look what I found!  This is a Zoku Single Quick pop maker.  They came in different colors but this green one sold me.  Have you experienced going back and forth the display shelves trying to talk yourself out of something that you don't really need but definitely want?  Oh yeah...

I bought it because my husband and I love to eat ice cream as seen in my past posts and we are trying to cut back.  It's a challenge for us to give up dairy even when I've read that it can cause mucus build-up and overgrowth of parasites and bacteria in my gut.  Heck... I still love it.  As of this writing, we have 2 scoops of 2 flavors in our freezer and that's it...  we decided to stop buying - until our next birthdays (2014).   
Zoku Single Quick Pop Maker
The Zoku single pop maker came with a single receptacle with 3 pop sticks, 1 super tool and 3  drip cups.  After washing all the parts, we placed the receptable in the freezer for 24 hours (until it felt solid, with no slushing sound).   

We used Bolthouse Mocha Capuccino on our first attempt.  We poured the liquid until the fill line and allowed it to sit for 7-9 minutes.  When it was set, we used the super tool to take it out which was physically challenging.  Once out, we inserted the drip cup and finally enjoyed our first mocha cap pop.

The liquid froze well and it was satisfying to think that we just used a small amount (probably 1/4 to 1/3 cup.  We will make different flavors and see how it goes.  
The original Zoku pop maker has 3 receptacles and they have a duo pop maker too.  The only disadvantage for this single pop maker is that it can only make 3 pops, one at a time, and then you'd have to freeze it again.  This unit costs US$25.

We are hopeful that this product will help us make healthier choices.  I will post more of our Zoku adventures soon.  

Today is back to work day.  I thank God for Mondays, otherwise, there will never be Fridays.
Have a blessed week, my friend!

See you soon!
♥  Michelle  ♥

No comments: