Wednesday, October 1, 2014

[Project] Hello, October!

Hello, October!  What?  Where did the time go?  It was this day last year when my parents and sister came to the US, yes, on the day of the government shutdown.  The memories are so fresh in my mind.

Well, I wanted to start the month making jewelry hence I made earrings!  I saw this article by one of my Bead soup blog party partners, Melissa Meman, in the April -May 2011 issue of Step by Step Wire Jewelry.  How cool is that?  I used peridot teardrop glass beads and copper wire.  It is not quite finished yet but it's a good start.

Melissa Meman's Article

I wanted to share with you this pair of Faux Stone Earrings that I made during my Integrated Earring Design Class with Ms. Kathleen Dustin.  These were made several months ago from polymer clay beads but I didn't know how to design and make use of them.  I added sterling silver wire that I oxidized and wow, I love how it turned out.  I'm planning to make more of these.
Faux Turquoise Stone made from Polymer Clay
Sterling silver earwire
I hope you enjoyed your first day of October.  Take care and see you soon!
michelle  ♥

No comments: