Thursday, October 28, 2010

Getting ready for Christmas

Christmas is in the air!  You can hear the good ol' Christmas songs being played in the radio.  It's the season that I love the most.    It's a time to celebrate the birthday of my Saviour and King, Jesus Christ.  It's a time of rejoicing with family and friends, giving gifts and exchanging cards.
I have my first Christmas gift all boxed up today...yay!  I combined my love for crochet and crafts and came up with a nice gift for a very special person.  This is also my first time to make a box using MS tools... awesome!  For this project, i used the block stamping technique (thanks, Jennifer McGuire and HA tutorials) and a lot of embossing (thanks Nancy Taylor and Nicky Hsu).  You can hop on to the  HA blog and check out their great tutorials and creative cards.
Thanks for dropping by.  May you have fun being creative as well!  Blessings!

 I made a square box measuring 7"x7" and decorated with with stamped images and added a border and ribbons.
Materials: 
HA F526 Flourish ornament rubber stamp
CL 464 Sending holiday cheer
Versamark ink, Ranger distress ink Walnut stain
Embossing powder Medieval metals and Black
Cardstock:  red, green, brown, white metallic
Floss:  red and green
Martha Stewart punch around the page:  Bubble bath
Martha Stewart scoring board
markers, foam tape, tape adhesive

No comments: