Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas for Denami [DeNami Sketch challenge #5]

Where did the time go?  I guess most of us have been thinking of the same question nowadays.  Would you believe that it's the last day of November already?  Soon, we will be very busy for Christmas.  Have you prepared all your christmas cards?  Here's one Christmas card that I would like to share, as an entry to the DeNami sketch Challenge #05 by Ayana.  I love the detail of the design at the bottom so I thought I'd give it a try.

I used the very cute and adorable Christmas Tweetings stamp from DeNami - I stamped the image using Versafine ink in black onyx and colored them with Tombo ABT markers.  I embossed their hats and sock using versamark and white embossing powder to add dimension.   I added blue sparklets using sakura glue pen.  I added color on the background to highlight the "tweets."


I matted the image on a Christmas PP; added scalloped edges with the vine background stamp, a yellow paper quilled flower and accents at the bottom.  I placed the matted PP on a dark green card base.  Tadaaaaa!
Thanks for looking and have a Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Paulina said...

Love your take on the sketch! It was so fun to see that you and Lisa Petrella used the same stamp, but came up with such different results! Love the brightness of the chickies!

Thanks for joining us in the DeNami challenge!

Michele Gross said...

Oh this is soooo cute!! I love the little bit of sparkle and the embossing is just fab!! Adds such cute detail and texture! :D

Ayana Posadas said...

Ahh! SO adorable! I love how your card came out. The double border looks great and you chose one of the cutest DeNami images to use! :)
I am also really loving your quilled flower at the bottom. What a beautiful embellishment to add! I'm so glad you played along!

Unknown said...

So cute. Loving the chicks!