Saturday, August 27, 2011

For the Boy in Him [50th Birthday Card]

It's always a challenge for me to make a handmade card for men probably because most of my stamps are "girly."  I wanted to make a card for a dear cousin, who is truly a genntleman, celebrating his 50th birthday.

During our recent cardmaking spree, my sister-in-law had fishing stamps.  I stamped images of a boat, dock, fishing rod and fish.  Since I couldn't find where the fishing rod and fish were, here is what I came up with.

I used a dark green cardstock for the base and added a background paper (BP) using paper from DCWV Green stack.  I love the organic feel of the BP - nature, water, environment, etc.
I stamped the images using Memento Rich Cocoa and colored them with colored pencils.  The images were cut-out, placed on a beige oval matte and accented with stitching.  Finally, the four corners were rounded.

Our cousin is a very kind-hearted, well-mannered gentleman who loves God with all his heart, mind, sould and strength. 
He also loves fishing and playing video games... yup, even at 50! 
Happy birthday!

No comments: