Friday, December 16, 2011

Kid's birthday card

This card is for a cute girl who will be celebrating her 1st Birthday and Child Dedication tomorrow.
It is Filipino custom to have godparents who are given the privilege to stand as second parents - my husband and I were one of those chosen for this little girl.  It's a huge challenge over and beyond giving gifts during their godchild's birthday, Christmas or on special occasions and we are praying that we could stand up to the task set before us.

I used several cardmaking techniques in this card.  A designer paper was layered on a red mat.  Hero Arts stamps were used for the flowers and sentiments on the cover and inside of the card.  The cute green beetle is from K&company.  Finally, I added a quilled flower. 

It's fun, vibrant and I love it!
We are looking forward to celebrate with her.

Happy weekend!

No comments: