Friday, January 13, 2012

Idea Dilemma [Black and Gold Polymer clay pendants]

Hello friends!
There are 2 polymer clay pieces that are staring at me, begging me to turn them into something nice.
I used One stamped image and 2 different techniques.

This piece measures 1.5 inches in diameter and was made using the Chatoyant / Mica shift technique.  I like how it is encased in what appears to be seed beads.  I added a wire on the top which makes it possible to turn this into a focal piece for a necklace.  If I have the energy and a little more patience, I can add beads too.  A little sanding and buffing will turn this seemingly rough piece into a fine piece of artbead.

This one measures 43 x 47 mm and uses the same color palette.  I added leafage to create an elegant feeling to the piece.  For this, I am thinking of adding a riveted piece of metal accent.  Again, this can turn out into a beaded pendant or a component for a chunky bracelet.

I will keep you posted once these babies have seen the light. 

Happy crafting!
Materials:
Premo; Polymer Clay:  Antique gold and Black
Lisa Pavelka Texture stamp
Versamagic Ink:  Black Onyx
Gauge 20 gold wire

No comments: