Thursday, January 2, 2014

[Challenge] Scharffen Berger Chocolates: A Sweet Welcome to the New Year

Today is the deadline for Scharffen Berger and Tuttifoodie's

I am a fan of good chocolate, and I love Scharffen Berger's 70% cacao bittersweet and 62% cacao Semisweet chocolates.  So of course, I joined.  At the last minute!
70% Cacao Bittersweet Dark Chocolate
[via]
62% Cacao Semisweet Dark Chocolate
[via]
The theme was to create a recipe for any type of BAR:  baked or no-bake bars like brownies or cookie based bars, ice cream bars or chocolate bark.  

The challenge was to combine Scharffen Berger chocolate with one or more of the designated adventure ingredients as follows:

  • Bourbon
  • Oat Flour
  • Turbinado Sugar
  • Carrot
  • Pomegranate
  • Hibiscus
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Peppercorn (Black, White, Green, Red—any type)
  • Pandan Leaf or Pandan Leaf Extract
  • Coconut Milk, Coconut Cream, Coconut Butter or Coconut Oil
  • Sesame Seeds (Black or White)
  • Fresh Croutons or Crostini

Here's their inspiration board:
[via]
Yummy, huh?
So what did I make?  Let's keep it a secret for now and hope for the best, ok?  

Well, to give you a hint - I bought a Wilton Delectovals Mini Cake pan especially for the contest.


Do you know why I want to win?  
I promise, it is not for selfish reasons.

Well, our church is going to the Philippines in June 2013 for a Mission trip to help those who were devastated during Typhoon Haiyan.  My husband and I don't have extra money to spend for airfare and other expenses hence, it would be a huge blessing if I win the cash prize.  

This is the first time that I entered a recipe and I am super thrilled at that so don't worry if I don't win.  I will still bake and share my stories with you.

Have a sweet day!
♥  michelle  


No comments: