Thursday, January 9, 2014

[Shopping] Archiver's Going Out of Business Sale

My sister-in-law introduced me to the world of stamping and handmade cards when I moved to the US.  We would frequent craft stores, big and small that's why I was saddened when I read the notice from Archiver's that they will be closing their stores after "14 years and countless memories."  They are currently having their "Store Going Out Sale" with 25% off everything in store with a few exceptions.  
Photo from Archiver's
We live far from their store but nevertheless, Mr. C drove lovingly me there last Saturday (emphasis on lovingly, please).  As always, I got immersed at all the different products... too much eye candy made me dizzy.  LOL.  I got a couple of their small metal display stands ($10 each) and one large stand ($20).  It was expensive but it now beautifully holds our cards and a dear friends' beautiful wedding invitation.  What else did I buy?  Hmmm... white envelopes, a stamp, stickers, beads, a crop-a-dile metal eyelet, ball chain, an EK glass mat, a few copic markers and Faber castell aquarelle pencils. Well, I did shop a lot but it's the last time I'd shop in their store.

It's true that you can buy everything online these days some even offer free shipping, however, it's nice to see and feel the actual product and at the same time interact with fellow crafters in the store.  Furthermore, some of the new brands and products aren't available in the big box craft stores who usually have a very limited variety of goods.  Oh well....

It's always disheartening to see a good company go out of business.  So long, Archiver's.  Thank you for the memories (sigh).

♥  michelle  ♥

No comments: