Monday, October 1, 2012

[Vintaj] "The Beaming Raven" Sept. 2012

Welcome back to Making Jewelry!
I wanted to share with you this necklace that I made for the September 2012 Vintaj Challenge:  "Radiant Raven."   Head over to the VINTAJ BLOG and  cast your vote.  I'm Number 8

This necklace is:  "The Beaming Raven."  

I started with a Vintaj circle blank and used the Deco Emboss folder    .  This was followed by the fun stuff!  I added patina and sealed it with the Vintaj sealer.  It was my first time to use the products and they were really nice - but you have to work fast because it dries up pretty quick.

The necklace is 24 inches in length and has a toggle clasp closure.  I made a tree branch to hang the focal embossed blank using 20g wire with wrapped coral beads.  I wanted the piece to be organic, so I added pearls and ceramic beads that match the color palette.  I love it!

Head over to the Vintaj blog and see what others have made.  While you're there, why don't you cast your vote (wink! wink!)

Have fun!

 Michelle  ♥