Saturday, April 6, 2013

[Focus on Life Week 14] Up Close

It's Week 14 at Ms. Sally Russick's Focus on Life at The Studio Sublime:  "Up Close."  Our task this week was to use our macro shot to see how close we could really get.

This afternoon, we went to the Japanese Garden and enjoyed every minute of it!
Take a look at these pine needles... I love the fresh green color!

This lovely azalea was just screaming "shoot me!"  The stamens look so delicate and very dainty.

This last photo is the post of the bridge taken by the pond.  It's so rustic, weathered and very nice!  I like how you can see the stream of water in the background.

I had a nice time taking macro shots of objects of nature.  I usually take macro photos of my craft projects, polymer clay, jewelry and handmade cards so this was a great challenge.

Get ready to be Up Close with the other participants HERE.

Have a great weekend!
♥  Michelle  ♥

20 comments:

aneri_masi said...

Love the weathered wood...those layers and rings! I bet they have seen a lot!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos, Michelle. I feel like I could reach out and touch or smell the plants! Very cool shot of the bridge post!

Claire said...

wonderful, wonderful photos - i especially like the dried, weathered post - stunning detail!
have a very happy saturday :)

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

Love, love, love the pine needles photo. I probably would have walked right by but you helped us take a moment to appreciate its singular beauty.

Islandgirl said...

the post is neat! Flowers are so pretty in macro... fields of flowers always seem to get lost!

Beti Horvath said...

Loved the center of the bunch of pine needles. We can really see patterns this way that may have escaped the eye. Nice display!

Adrienne said...

Beautiful!

Empty nester at last said...

Gorgeous photo's. I love the one of the pine needles. So clean, crisp makes you want to just sit and gaze. Thanks for the mini tour!

Alice said...

Great photos! I love the textures in the first and last photos. And the azalea is gorgeous!

Becky Pancake said...

Great pics Michelle.The azalea is my favorite.

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos - a Japanese garden would be a lovely place for this prompt. I love the detail that macro gives!

Therese's Treasures said...

Beautiful shots!
Therese

brokenteepee said...

I love the azalea shot. So pretty

Tanya said...

Those are gorgeous photos. I love the colors in the first few and the last one is just amazing.

Annette said...

I would love to spend the day at a Japanese Garden! Your macros are beautiful!

Courtney Breul said...

Beautiful shots!

Shel said...

Super macros shots, but that azalea,..wow,...it's reaching right out there! Awesome shot!

Mystic Indigo said...

It is just so cool what you can find with your camera!! I love that soft pink flower...gorgeous!

glassbead, isinglass design said...

What nice photos! Getting up close to plants is always eye opening!

Laura Twiford said...

Great shots for this week's prompt! I love the pine needles, the crispness and details I could just about smell it! Beautful!