Monday, October 28, 2013

[Challenge] P3 September 2013 Challenge: "Under the Sea"

I am a member of the Philippine Polymer Clay Guild where we have Challenges every now and then.  Last September 2013, our challenge was:  "UNDER THE SEA."  The challenge was to create a project inspired by the sea and participants were given a choice on using 100% polymer clay or mixed media.
Philippine Polymer Clay Guild
 This was what I made:
"Pearly Shells"

This pearly shell from the ocean focal piece measures 3 inches.  I made use of the silk-screened background of sea shells that I did during the Lone Star Retreat(c/o Ms. Karen Wood).  I added sculptured corals, Mr. Crabby, barnacles, bubbles and a treasure chest filled with gold and pearls. What lies under the sea is a mystery and to echo Ariel, it's a whole new world.  
This focal piece was made from 100% Premo Sculpey clay.
See you soon!
♥  michelle  

No comments: