Sunday, June 1, 2014

[Baking] Celebrate June with Hokkaido Cakes

Hokkaido Cake
Cream-filled Chiffon Cake

Let me share with you this Hokkaido Cake that I made a couple of weeks ago.  I tried the recipe from Ms. Corinne and it turned out pretty good.  Hokkaido cakes are very popular in Asia.  It's basically a chiffon cake baked in small square muffin cups filled with cream and topped with a dusting of powdered sugar and fruits in season. It's delicately sweet, soft and fluffy.

Well, it's official... today marks another month closer to Christmas.  As I flipped the page on our wall and kitchen calendars, it made me realize how fast time flies.  This was followed by thoughts of "what have I done so far?  Have I accomplished what I have planned to do this year?  Did I use my time wisely?"

One of my goals this years particularly for CabbyCraft is "to improve the blog and to write more."   Well, I haven't written more than I what I planned to but I was able to have my blog critiqued by Ms. Martine.  It was a brave step to consult with someone but I admire her professionalism and honesty in doing so.  Martine inspired me to do more.  There will be some changes in the next few months... perhaps, move to a website or what not.  Stay tuned for that.

Have a blessed week, friends!

No comments: