Thursday, June 24, 2010

A HEROic day!






I have always loved doing crafts and needlework... a little of this and a little of that. I have tried scrapbooking, counted crosstitch, paper quilling & stamping but never took it seriously. Until now... hahaha.
I came to the US to be with my husband and discovered the great and wonderful world of crafting. My sister in law took me to a couple of stores that sells merchandise for "crafty people". Yup... that's me. I was overwhelmed by the loads of stuffs that they carried. Then, i checked out websites and some blogs and wow... i was much more overwhelmed! So, to cure my curiosity on these matters, i put up my own blogsite and called it: "Cabbycraft".

A few days ago, i bought a clear stamp set from Hero arts and decided to check their website. I was so encouraged to make my own cards so here's what i came up with. I look forward to making more and learning new techniques. I am a newbie at this but hey... it's never too late to learn. Besides, i believe that life is a process of learning.
I made 2 cards using Hero Arts "Thinking of You" clear stamp set. I used the butterfly and the greetings. I stamped and embossed them with black embossing powder. I quilled sunflowers and mums, added an edgepunch arch lattice design from Martha stewart and some designer paper. I used red and white cardstock for the base and green for the matting.
Voila! Here are my cards... thanks for reading and i hope you enjoy viewing them.

1 comment:

Mia Castrillo said...

Beautiful cards! I'm sure the recipient would love getting these. :D