Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hero Arts August 2011B [Card for Kids]

It is the last day of August 2011 and I made a card to participate in Hero Arts' August contest on
 "Creatures and Cards for Kids."  I used the following polyclear stamp sets in making the card:
Thinking of You and Playful Animals.

The images of the animals were stamped using the masking technique then cut.  I stamped the elephant first, covered it then stamped the giraffe and bear.  I layered this on a background paper with trees and added a scallop die-cut blue frame.  I made the monkey appear as though it is hanging and holding the sentiment : 
"You make me smile.'"

This was then matted with yellow paper and finally placed on the cardstock where I added a green ribbon.
The images were colored using colored pencils. Yeah...I know I don't color well using pencils and  I really envy the way other cardmakers color their projects using copic markers but I have yet to buy my own set.  Perhaps for Christmas - let me whisper that to hubby's ears tonight.

I hope to join more contests these coming months.

Have fun!

No comments: