Friday, November 11, 2011

Craft heaven on 11-11-11

Today is 11-11-11 and I am back to crafting after several days of being preoccupied with family health issues.  It's a challenge to be creative when our minds are somehwere else.  Do you think so?

I love adding texture in my cards; feeling the raised surfaces make me happy.  Today, I felt like Dry Embossing using my Martha Stewart's Kit.  It comes with 2 metal plates with various designs and borders, a stylus, cards and envelopes. 

You will need a table lamp to make tracing easier.  A glass table with a light underneath would work well too.  If it's bright and sunny outside, you may try taping your stencil on your window and emboss - just be mindful of your neighbors who might find you a bit odd.

I added Ranger's distress ink in Antique Linen to the border and highlighted the
design using colored pencils.

The design was layered on a green mat and finally on an ivory colored cardstock.
A punched out vase adhered by dimensional adhesive completes the design.

This card is for an 80+ old lady who will be celebrating her birthday tomorrow. 

Accents were added using Tombow ABT markers.

Happy weekend!
Enjoy!

No comments: