Tuesday, July 1, 2014

[Baby Shower] DIY Sailboat Diaper Cake

Sailboat DIY Diaper Cake

Happy 1st of July, folks!

One weekend ago, we had a surprise baby shower at work where the theme was "Nautical."  I made this diaper centerpiece for Mason.  It had the basic stuff like a stuffed toy (this one is a bear form Carter's that says "I love you"), a small towel, about 20 diapers, diaper wipes, rubber bands, tape and a receiving blanket that I handmade.  I recently bought a sewing machine and all I want to do these days is to sew and I went all out with this project.  LOL.  It was fun!  I formed the diapers around the diaper wipes and secured them with rubber bands.  Then, I cover it with the blanket, added red paper for the deck and a blue flag on a coffee stick.  Just make use of what you have available.

The dessert and candy bar was dress up in red, white and blue.  There were cupcakes, gumball, and lots of candy that came wrapped in a clear "anchor bag."  Everything came out really beautiful.

I made these orange vanilla sailboat sugar cookies which came out pretty good but please pardon the crooked drawing.

I love attending babyshower parties especially because I don't have children - oh the joy and love that you feel from both parents... priceless!

See you soon!  
♥  michelle

No comments: