Wednesday, July 30, 2014

[Crafting] Recycled Streamers Deluxe

The cost of craft and designer paper has gone up these days and I feel bad to just throw scraps away. I love to recycle paper, extend its life and multiply its purpose.  We had a lot of decorating to do this month wherein we used blue streamers that I bought from the dollar store.

This was the backdrop for the dessert table during our Sunday luncheon for our Pastor.  I made paper rosettes using bright, colored pattern paper and my Martha Stewart scoring board.

Streamers and DIY Paper Rosettes

We used the same bright decors to decorate one of the rooms for the Vacation Bible School.  Doesn't it look fun with the twisted streamers?  Well, it was my husbands Bible Adventure room so I guess there's a little bias in saying that.

VBS Classroom Decor
Streamers and DIY Paper Rosettes
 We didn't throw the rosettes and streamers after VBS.  As always, I thought that it could be used for another day.  Well, that day did come.  Our church volleyball team was one of teams who competed for the championship.  They played last year too and they placed 2nd - remember THIS tutorial using blue tissue paper last year?

This time, I used the streamers to make these pompoms.  I folded, cut 1/4 strips and wrapped it with tape.  Simple.  Dirt cheap.  Clean fun!  Did they win the championship?  Yes, they did. It was neck and neck, very exciting game!

Volleyball and DIY Pompoms

Congratulations, team 1st Phil!



Do you like to recycle decor and craft supplies like I do?  Cool!

Have a wonderful day,
michelle

No comments: