Saturday, August 17, 2013

[Sports] KPS 2013 Volleyball Finals!

Remember the pompoms that I showed you HERE?

Today was the finals of the season and it was heart pounding and action packed!  Our team played a good game and won 1st Runner-Up in the Gold Division of KPS 2013 Summer Coed Volleyball tournament.  We are ecstatic about it!

Our team is fairly new - practices started about 6 months ago.  This season was their first and they did really well, competing against 16 teams plus 2 more during the finals held tonight.  The majority of our male players are middle aged versus younger opponents - talk about bad knees and bad backs.  Through it all, we are grateful that we had no casualties.  It was an amazing feat!

Their team motto is:
"...playing for an eternal crown."
1 Corinthians 9:25

It was a fun event - met new friends and learned a lot of things, especially about cooking for a big group. Hahaha.
1.  I learned how to make perfect harboiled eggs (hubby and I brought about 4 dozens this season)
2.  I learned the proper way to prepare arroz caldo which is like rice porridge with chicken
3.  I have improved and tweaked my mango cake frosting
4. A lot lot more!
Photo credit:  Phi N.
I will always be my husband's #1 Fan... isn't it obvious?

It was a fun event - met new friends and learned a lot of things, especially about cooking for a big group. Hahaha.
1.  I learned how to make perfect harboiled eggs (hubby and I brought about 4 dozens this season)
2.  I learned the proper way to prepare arroz caldo which is like rice porridge with chicken
3.  I have improved and tweaked my mango cake frosting
4.  I learned how to make delicious chicken sandwich using my dear friends' recipe
4. A lot lot more!

Life is like a game.  We have to face everything with hope that we will overcome the challenges that come our way.
And of course, we have to take time to smile.

Take care, ya'll!

♥  michelle  

No comments: