Tuesday, August 20, 2013

[Tuesday Tute] Recipe: Stuffed Green Bell Peppers

Hello friends!  Today's Tuesday Tute is on cooking...

STUFFED GREEN BELL PEPPERS.

We love fresh vegetables... fresh from the garden and grown naturally.  We have a churchmate, his name is Tatay Romulo (Tatay means father) and he always gives me homegrown fresh produce.  Last Sunday, he gave me green bell peppers.

They were smaller compared to the humongous ones that you see in stores but they are sweeter.  Two years ago, I shared a RECIPE that my mother-in-law taught me.  This is a revised edition.

Ingredients:
Green bell peppers, sliced into half and seeds removed.
Ground meat - I used lean
Chopped Garlic, Diced Onions
Diced tomatoes - I used Hunts Basil, Garlic, Oregano
Tomato paste
Salt and pepper


Procedure:
1.  Wash bell peppers and preheat oven to 400 F.
2.  Place meat in a clean bowl and add the garlic and onions.  
3.  Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste.  Season to taste.
4.  Spoon the meat mixture onto the green bell peppers and top with the tomato sauce mix.  Add a little water to the bottom of the pan and bake for 30-40 minutes.  

Enjoy!
♥  michelle 

1 comment:

madz280 said...

Great post, this looks interestingly yummy, hehehe. You should join the facebook community

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bloghopping/