Wednesday, August 21, 2013

[Wilton Wednesday] Borders and flowers

Welcome to Wilton Wednesday!
This is our third class for Basic Decorating and we learned how to do borders and flowers.
Our teacher Ms. Debra taught us how to make the Wilton ribbon rose.  I think the consistency of my icing wasn't right hence the rugged edges but she taught me how to fix it.

There are a lot of icing tips and today, I learned to use more:  Wilton tips #12, 16, 18, 104, 2D, and 233.  I like making scallop borders but I need to practice putting enough and consistent pressure to come up with equal sized scallops.

I brought a small rectangular cake to class - it was the excess batter for the mango cake that I made on Sunday.  Next week is our last day and I will be bringing a styrofoam.  I don't want to bake a cake for now - I just want to decorate. LOL.

See ya next week!
♥  michelle  

No comments: