Friday, February 28, 2014

[Challenge] P3 February 2014 Challenge: "Pen and Paper Go Together"

I like pop-up notepads especially the bold and bright ones so when the Philippine Polymer Clay Guild announced  their Challenge for February 2014:  "Sweet Pairings," I got excited.  I made a pop-up notepad holder and also covered a pen with polymer clay using the wood grain technique.   I have seen this technique several times in books and as demonstrated by one of the Houston polymer clay guild members, Bob.  I tried to make 2 different kinds of woodgrain:  one using gold mica pc and the other was gold mixed with pearl and translucent.  The stitching around the box and the blue flowers completed the piece.
Polymer Clay Wood Grain
Pen and Pop-up Notepad Holder
I have seen this technique several times in books and as demonstrated by one of the Houston polymer clay guild members, Bob.  I tried to make 2 different kinds of woodgrain:  one using premo sculpey gold mica pc and the other was gold mixed with pearl and translucent.  The stitching around the box and the blue flowers completed the piece.

Head over to the Philippine Polymer Clay's Facebook to check out the other projects and LIKE us while you're there.  

Have a blessed day!
♥  michelle

No comments: