Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Card for 2011 [ACD Bday card]

This is my first handmade card for the year 2011.  Yay!  Several of my lovedones are celebrating their birthday this January starting off with my sis-in-law.
I love this floral scalloped background paper!  I have used it in one of my Christmas cards and decided to use it this time again and with brown matting.  When I was cleaning my tiny craft space, I saw an Inkadinkado stamp set that I haven't used:  97635 Round frames.  I stamped the scalloped frame with bundled sage distress and memento rich cocoa dye inks.  The sentiment was stamped in colorbox' scarlet ink.  I handcut it and secured it with dimensional adhesive. 
To add dimension, I placed a red button, tied it with twine and secured it in place.
It's simple but handcrafted with a lot of love.  Happy birthday, Manang!

No comments: