Saturday, January 8, 2011

A couple's birthday [LGE ♥ MVSE birthday cards]

Hello friends!  I would like to share with you 2 cards that I made for my brother and his wife's birthday.  These are rather simple cards but definitely handmade with love ♥.

It's always challenging to make a card for a boy or a man in this case.  Here, I used a dark blue card base and added a PP of buttons.  To add texture and dimension, I embossed a diamond pattern for matting and stamped Hero Arts sentiment and placed it on the center.  Finally, I added blue brads on the four corners using my new Making Memories instant setter (a Christmas gift from my uber loving SIL); blue embroidery floss was wrapped around the brads to add interest. 

LGE

This next card was made for my brothers wife.  Oh, she loves and looks really good wearing the color yellow so I made her a card in yellow tones and coordinates.  I used a yellow cardbase and a printed PP.  I added a brown mat which i background stamped using Versamark and DeNami stamp.  I added a scallop border punch from Martha Stewart.  Then, I stamped the sentiment using Memento in Rich cocoa against a sage green distressed background.  The final step was an engraved rust colored button with yellow embroidery floss - just to add a little interest.

MVSE
Happy birthday to two most wonderful, special and loved people!  Cheers!

No comments: