Friday, January 6, 2012

January Birthday Card

I've been making handmade cards for quite sometime now and I thought it would be nice to incorporate the birthmonth color motif in them.  The birthstone for January is Garnet hence this card RED, lots and lots of red!

For the red background paper, I dry embossed and sanded the paper to distress it.
Then, I layered a stamped image and sentiment that was heat embossed with clear powder.
To add more red, I added two different kinds of ribbon.
Finally, several red blings were randomly added to finish the piece.
Oh, how I love the different textures!

Happy crafting!
♥ Michelle
Materials & Tools:
Coredinations Cardstock in VC Ruby
Reflections White cardstock
Cuttlebug embossing folder 37-1142 D'vine Swirls
Inkadinkado stamp 97635 Round frames
Colorbox catseye pigment ink in Scarlet
Judikins Clear detail embossing powder
Celebrations Ribbon
Metallic detail in Red
Tombow monoadhesive
Dimesional Adhesive
Sizzix BigKick Machine

No comments: