Monday, January 9, 2012

Us girls, rock! [Vintaj January 2012 Rock 'N Roll Challenge]

One of my goals for this year is to share my art form by joining Challenges and what a great way to start the year by joining the Vintaj Rock 'N Roll January 2012 Design Challenge.  Cool!
Here is my entry:  "The Rockista Leather Band."

When I think of rock n' roll, I think of leather, metal, and of bling.  The focal piece is the wire crocheted pendant wrapped with a Vintaj Clover Petal Filigree - the one that I made HERE.


In the process of coming up with the design, I listened to female rock bands such as Joan Jett, Blondie, Evanescence, Alanis Morisette, Vixen and a Philippine Female rock band called Aegis.
Aegis' songs are so popular that they have been sung by Filipino International artists such as Lea Salonga, Charice Pempengco and Arnel Pineda of the group Journey among others.
 
Join me as I visit the Vintaj website from January 9 - 13, 2012 to see what others have done. 
Rock on!
Materials:
"The Rocker Pendant" - my wire crocheted piece
Vintaj  F410 Clover Petal Filigree
Vintaj Leafage Fastenable FS019 Tanglewood
Vintaj RV010 Brass Rivets, HW0063 Standard Washers; Brass Headpins
Lt. Blue Crystals
Medium Leather Band
Denami Vine Rubber Stamp
Ranger's Walnut Stain distress ink and Acrylic Paint Dabbers

1 comment:

Helena de Troya said...

wow!!!! i loved your art!!!! this cuff its amazing!