Monday, June 10, 2013

[Crafts] Bottlecapped Words: Honor your father and mother

Hello friends!  Hope your doing great today.
It was a busy weekend for my husband and I as we juggled personal and church responsibilities but God has sustained us through it all.  I gave the message during the Junior worship and it was based on our memory verse found in: 
Exodus 20:12
"Honor your father and mother, 
so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you."

This is the 5th commandment and it's the first one that gives us a promise - that we will live long....  It sounds pretty simple but as I was preparing my message, I realized that I have done things to disobey God and my parents.  I believe that God in all his splendor and grace has forgiven me.  As for my parents, things cleared up after the storm so to speak - they have shown their unconditional love for me I love and long to be with them again soon.

Several stories from the Bible describe the fathers love to his child:  The Parable of the Prodigal Son, Joseph taking care of his father and family, and the story of Abraham and Isaac.  In all of that, the LOVE of the father to his son prevailed.

Going back to our Junior worship - I made magnets that had our memory verse so they could display it in their refrigerator.  
Oh, it was so nice to hear their ideas on how to honor their parents... it's amazing how we can be blessed by the lives of the little and not-so-little ones.

Memory Verse
Bottlecapped Words
I printed the verse and used Mod Podge to stick it on the chrome bottlecaps.  I added charms for the girls and kept some plain for the boys.  The back of the bottlecap had the date June 8, 2013 and a neodynium magnet.  I wanted to put the date so they can remember when we had this particular lesson.

It is never too late to tell our parents that we care and honor them.  For those of you who are parents and grandparents, I admire you for loving your children and grandchildren.  May you be blessed!

See you soon!
♥  Michelle  

No comments: